While some humidity in your home is a good thing, too much can cause problems. Excessive moisture can lead to mold build-up and affect the performance of your heating and cooling system. If you’re struggling with humidity level problems, as the name suggests, a dehumidifier is the perfect solution.
At Gillece Services, we’ve provided the highest quality dehumidifier installation, repair, and maintenance services in Pittsburgh, PA, for over 40 years. Our specialists can help you determine just what your home needs for cleaner, better air quality.
Have an air conditioner? It may be to blame for your humidity problems. Get in touch with our team for AC troubleshooting and repair. We also offer AC dehumidifier installation!
Do You Need a Dehumidifier?
If you're unsure if your humidity levels are too high, you can purchase an inexpensive hygrometer at most department stores for under $10. Ideally, your home's humidity should be between 30-50%.
We recommend checking readings for a few days at different times of the day. For instance, humidity is often higher after it rains and in the morning. Cooking or watering your plants may also raise your home's humidity.
If you don't want to purchase a hygrometer, here are a few more signs of high indoor humidity:
- Condensation on windows or on walls where they meet the ceiling
- Musty smells or problems with mold growth
- Signs of rot or discoloration on wood surfaces
- A clammy feeling in the air
- Frizzy hair
The Benefits of Balanced Humidity in Your Home
If your humidity is too high, installing a dehumidifier comes with a wealth of benefits:
- Better skin and hair: If temperatures are low and humidity is high, it may impact your skin and hair health.
- Reduce mold and other health risks: High humidity levels may cause bacteria and mold to build-up and increase the development of other contaminants and viruses.
- Save your windows: Window condensation can lead to water damage.
- Protect your electronics and wiring: Extremely high humidity can damage delicate electronics and may even affect your internet and phone jacks.
- Improve AC performance: High humidity forces your AC to work harder. Your AC unit removes humidity, but it can’t do it as efficiently as a dehumidifier.
We work with the industry’s best brands and will help you choose the best model for your needs. Whether you need a portable or whole-house dehumidifier, you can count on Gillece Services to get the job done.
If you check your home humidity levels and find you actually have low humidity, we can still help! Call us for humidifier installation.
Reliable Dehumidifier Repair and Maintenance
Whether you need a new dehumidifier installed or are having problems with your current model, you won't find better service, rates, or results anywhere else in Pittsburgh. There's no dehumidifier we can't install, maintain, or repair!
If your unit is making excessive noise, has a broken fan, or is leaking water, we have you covered. You can count on our repair experts to fix it quickly and efficiently. We’ll arrive at your door fast with a fully-stocked service vehicle ready to check the system, clean, and repair your AC dehumidifier.