At Gillece Services, we've offered top-quality plumbing, HVAC, and electrical service in Pittsburgh for over 40 years. We're always happy to answer any questions you may have about any of the above—we aim to be your go-to company for home and commercial repair services. Here are answers to some questions our customers often ask:
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to all your plumbing, HVAC, and electrical questions from our experts at Gillece Services.
- What should I do while I wait for your team to arrive? Before doing anything else, ensure your safety. Take proper measures to avoid health risks caused by potential gas leaks, extreme temperatures, or electrical faults. You may also want to turn off the water, gas, or power, if applicable.
- Do you offer emergency repair services?
- How often should I schedule maintenance or an inspection? Any time you notice abnormal activity, it’s best to contact us for an inspection. Otherwise, it depends on the appliance or system in question. In most cases, at least once a year is a good rule of thumb. High-use appliances, such as your heater or air conditioner, may require semi-annual maintenance.
- Should I attempt repairs by myself? Depending on the situation, we may recommend doing some troubleshooting on your own. Some electrical, plumbing and HVAC issues can be solved relatively easily with no risk to your safety, such as a tripped breaker. No matter the issue, feel free to call us. We're happy to help you evaluate if your problem would be better handled by one of our professionals. We never recommend attempting more in-depth repairs on your own.
- What issues should I consider when remodeling a bathroom? When remodeling your bathroom, keep your budget and needs in mind. For example, if you're looking to minimize costs, it's best not to move toilets, showers, or faucets as that would require repiping, in most instances, which increases costs. Likewise, take care in selecting durable fixtures and appliances. Sacrificing quality for cost is a common mistake. We can help you plan your bathroom remodel if you like. Get in touch with our team today!
- What are my options for indoor and outdoor lighting? When deciding on which lighting options are right for your home, there are multiple choices. The following are some of the most common options in Pittsburgh:
- Motion Sensor Lighting: These allow your lights to turn on and off in response to a change in the environment. Lights on motion sensors are useful for areas you only want to be lit in specific instances.
- Dimmers: Dimmable lighting allows you to reduce the wattage and output of your lights for lower light levels. Indoor lights are usually manually controlled by a knob or switch, while outdoor lights use timers to provide appropriate light levels depending on the time of day.
- LED lights: Light-emitting diode light bulbs are compatible with multiple other options, including certain dimmer switches.
- Is a backed-up toilet an emergency? Backed-up toilets can cause severe property damage with flooding and pose a health risk, so they are considered an emergency. To avoid clogged toilets, never flush:
- Disposable diapers or wipes
- Paper towels
- Beauty aids or hygienic products
- Nail clippings
For the highest quality commercial and home services in Pittsburgh, call 412-831-6199. Our team at Gillece Services can solve all your HVAC, plumbing, and electrical problems.