Drain Cleaning & Repair in Pittsburgh
Quality Pittsburgh Drain Experts You Can Trust
At Gillece Services, we know how hard it is to find a team of plumbers you can trust. Your plumbing system is integral to your home and you need to know that you have a team of professionals capable of helping you when problems arise. If your drains don’t seem to be working properly, give us a call to learn more about our current special.
$93 or Free Clog Crusher™
Mainline Sewer or Floor Drain Unclogging and Cleaning*
Our Pittsburgh drain cleaning and repair specialists are backed by 40 years of experience in the industry. When you call on us, we quickly and accurately diagnose and repair drain problems to get your system back up and running in no time. Before service, we always explain your options and provide fair, upfront pricing.
To schedule drain cleaning or repair service in Pittsburgh, give us a call at (412) 516-3225.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning or Repair
Through everyday use, plenty of debris builds up in our pipes and sometimes creates clogs. It is important to recognize the signs of a clog forming, so that you can schedule drain cleaning and prevent serious damage.
Signs you need drain cleaning or repair include:
- Slow moving drains
- Strange odors coming from drains
- Frequent clogs in toilet or shower
- Gurgling sounds coming from drains
- Multiple clogged drains
- Leaks in drain line
- Water backing up into the shower
Once you notice any of these signs, give us a call. Our Pittsburgh drain cleaning and repair specialists have extensive experience crushing clogs and cleaning drains. We can quickly locate and destroy the clog to get your system back up and running like new and prevent serious damage to your system. If we determine that repair is needed, we will explain your options to you and provide you with no-hassle, upfront pricing.
Check out our financing options here.
Why Drain Cleaning Is Important
Even though we rely on our plumbing systems every single day, we often forget that they need to be maintained. Just like a car or and HVAC system, your plumbing system needs to be inspected and cleaned out to ensure that everything is working correctly. One of the most important things you can do for your system is drain cleaning. Drain cleaning prevents major plumbing damage like clogs, backflow, foul odors, burst pipes, mold, flooded yards, and more.
Make the best choice for your system and schedule drain cleaning. This will prevent severe damage, saving you time and money!
What Causes Drain Clogs?
When your drains are clogged, you will probably start to notice gurgling sounds, water backing up into your sink or shower, or strange smells. Drain clogs are caused by wear and tear or an accumulation of things we put down the drain over time and as we know, they can cause serious plumbing problems.
The most common causes of drain clogs include:
- Mineral buildup caused by hard water
- Tree root invasion
- Toilet paper or flushable wipe buildup
- Small objects
- Soap scum
5 Everyday Things Clogging Your Drain
Chances are, you aren’t intentionally putting things down your drain that causes regular clogs. There is no need to change your habits dramatically, but with a few simple adjustments you can have a clog free drain.
Below are five everyday things that are clogging your drain & information on how to stop clogs:
- Food: Food with skins, stringy food and pasta can be some of the biggest culprits for clogging your drain. To prevent food from going down your drain, use a strainer to catch small and large pieces of food.
- Grease: It may be in liquid form at the time you dump it down the drain, but once it cools, it will become lodged in your kitchen sink. Pour grease into an old jar and dispose of it in the trash to help keep your drains clog free.
- Paper: Don't worry, it's not your toilet paper clogging the drain, it's tissues, paper towels and moist towelettes. Keep these out of the toilet and into the garbage to prevent a clogged toilet.
- Hair: If your shower or sink drain is slow, odds are it's your luscious long locks that is keeping the water from going down. Hair stoppers is a cheap and easy way to keep your hair from going down the drain.
- Coffee Grounds: Although coffee grounds may be small they can be kryptonite to your drains. Avoid dumping coffee grounds down the drain and garbage disposal at all costs.
Whatever the reason for your clogged drains, you can count on the plumbers from Gillece Services to take care of them. We get the job done right the first time, every time.
We Are Always Available
When problems with your drains & sewer line arise, you need to know that you have a team of professionals on your side that are capable of quickly taking care of them. We offer 24/7/365 emergency drain cleaning and repair services in Pittsburgh to make sure your home is protected at all times.
No matter the time of day or night, you can count on us to be there. Your problems are our problems, which means you can count on us to treat them with urgency and deliver outstanding results.
Call (412) 516-3225 to schedule service.
*For all paying customers, this includes a five (5) year warranty which provides one (1) return service visit within five (5) years of original service to clear original drain with a conventional cable machine. Additional work results in additional costs.
Very helpful during the consultation by explaining everything- Crystal
Found that the gauge was set too high (waste of energy & $$$) and set it to the proper level (I look forward to saving $$$ on my gas bill)- Terri C.
Everything with Gillece went smoothly!- Joseph H.
Worked from time she arrived, explained all paper work, costs answered any questions I had.- Barbara D.
Explained everything in detail, very easy to speak with and because of John I will gladly return to Gillece for all my service needs!- Michael S.