If your home is like most, odds are you spend most of your time in the kitchen. Between preparing three meals a day, cleaning up after those meals and frequent trips to the refrigerator throughout the day, your kitchen is the second most used room next to the bathroom.
Keeping your kitchen clean and sanitary is an absolute must, considering that’s where your food comes from. Add these five things to your cleaning routine for a cleaner kitchen, and best of all, they’re extremely easy to follow and not time consuming.
1. MicrowaveIf your home is full of teenagers, your microwave is the most used appliance in your kitchen. Try to clean it at least once a week. Place a cup of boiling water and lemon in the microwave and allow it to sit for two minutes with the door closed. It will loosen the mess inside and make it easier for you to clean and you can avoid scrubbing.
2. Baking soda trickKeeping a box of open baking soda exposed in the fridge will absorb odors and keep your refrigerator smelling fresh. It works best by keeping a small container in the back of the fridge with the lid off. Be sure to replace it every other month to keep your refrigerator smelling nice and fresh.
3. SinkWhen you think of all the things you pour down your sink drain, it’s no wonder that a nasty odor begins to seep from the drain. Avoid this by pouring one cup of baking soda down the drain once a month followed by a half of cup of vinegar. The baking soda and vinegar will cut any odor and remove any blockages or potential clogs.
4. BlenderSometimes the little cracks in your blender are almost impossible to reach. A quick and easy tip is to add some dish soap and a little bit of water and turn the blender on for about 10 to 20 seconds. Essentially, allowing it to clean itself.
5. Garbage disposal splash guardUsing a tooth brush and cleaner, scrub away the grease and food debris both on the inside and outside of the garbage disposal splash guard. Leftover food and grease can easily cling here and stink up your kitchen.